Friday, July 31, 2015

we gotta get out of this place

if it's the last thing we ever do.

we gotta get out of this place.

girl, there's a better life for me and you.


This song has been swirling in my head for years. Each time someone cuts in front of me on the street rudely. Each time I read a new story about heat-wave induced killings in American inner-cities. Whenever I encounter another machine sending me in circles on the other end of a corporate help line. When I get bills for things that are free in most other countries.

We've been planning this escape for years. We found a place, near Nueva Helvecia, Uruguay, and we are moving in the Fall of 2017. This is the chronicle of how we got to this point, why we're going where we are, and what's it is like to go.

Let's begin.


No comments:

Post a Comment